To be responsible and accountable to coordinate and deliver for the daily operation of the AV department services for events at the Qatar National Convention Centre and the state of the art technical systems. Responsible for the supervision of Audio Visual staff, while personally assisting with department responsibilities and taking a lead role in the management of a technical discipline, ensuring equipment is adequately maintained and serviced in accordance with manufacturers warranties and health and safety requirements.
• Assist in the daily management of AV personnel, equipment and events in the Qatar National Convention Centre in accordance
• Provide client liaison and accurate timely quotations to client’s brief inputting all information onto the QNCC events management system or EBMS.
• Manage the onsite technical team overseeing production set-ups/de-rigs and deliver clients technical requirements
• Monitor events to ensure that the equipment and technical staff are delivering as per client expectations.
• Responsible for securing and maintaining the equipment properly when not in use
• Combine technical skills and theoretical knowledge to identify faults and ensure the repair of audio-visual equipment
• Liaise with the client in assessing the technical requirements of events
• Collate all information required from client and internal departments for all events
• Make decisions on equipment requirements for all events.
• Brief AV personnel and pass on all information and instructions required for all events.
• Order additional technical services and equipment as per client requirements and raise associated purchase orders
• Input all relevant technical information and associated financial information onto the event management system or EBMS.
• Communicate with all other departments the information relating to the event that may impact on other areas
• Manage AV personnel requirements and timetable for the daily operations for all events
• Set dead lines for set up and load outs for all events
• Communicate with other departments to ensure efficient set ups and load outs for all events
• Be responsible for maintenance schedules and repairs of all relevant AV systems within the centre
• Make any decisions on last minute changes or client requests
• Resolve problems and be able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks to meet conflicting and tight deadlines to exceed the client’s requirements
• Oversee the AV personnel during set ups and running of events
• Monitor and manage department reports and client input
• Receive and review AV show reports
• Suggest improvements with AV & Production Manager in all aspects of the AV department
• Conduct staff daily briefing and weekly meetings with AV personnel to improve departmental efficiency
• Monitor all AV systems and personnel to ensure all requirements are met for events accordance with company policies, standards, and procedures of the Centre
• Monitor and ensure all personnel to use Personal Protection Equipment attire during relevant workplace activity.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in live conferences and conventions/exhibitions
• Qualification/certification in the following: Sound technology, Audio Visual, Stage Lighting, and/or Rigging